If fairytale castles and picturesque villages make your heart skip a beat, the 130-kilometre (80-mile) walk from Martel to Rocamadour is the perfect choice for you.
And the I Love Walking in France – Martel to Rocamadour guidebook has everything you need to plan the perfect itinerary.
Save this post to Pinterest to read later.
Visit Turenne, Beaulieu-sur-Dordogne and Collonges-la-Rouge…
Passing through six of France’s most beautiful villages—Turenne, Collonges-la-Rouge, Curemonte, Autoire, Loubressac and Carennac—this walk also offers the opportunity to visit the underground lakes and caves of Gouffre de Padirac and explore the châteaux at Montal and Castelnau-Bretenoux.
And after seven days of walking, you’ll arrive in Rocamadour, (considered the second most important religious site in France after Mont-Saint-Michel) where Zaccheus, a servant of the Virgin Mary, came to live in the caves as a hermit in the years following the death of Jesus.
Visit Curemonte, Château de Castelnau-Bretenoux and Rocamadour…
You’ll find everything you need to plan an itinerary, book accommodation and much more in the I Love Walking in France – Martel to Rocamadour guidebook.
Some of the information is also available here on the website—
- What to expect on this walk
- Map of the path and its location in France
- My suggested itinerary, including tips for sightseeing and market days
- A list of all towns and villages where you’ll find accommodation and distances between them
- Practical tips for walking safely and considerately
Inside the guidebook, you’ll also find—
- A complete packing list covering all the essential items you’ll need to take and a few optional extras
- Useful French phrases to help you book a taxi, book a room, ask about breakfast, order dinner, buy a train ticket and understand directions
- More than seventy photos
Each village has a dedicated section covering—
- Population (because a village of 35 will not have an ATM not matter how badly you need one)
- Accommodation—what will you find, hotels, chambre d’hôtes, gîtes or campgrounds… with website links to all options
- Available services—cafés, bakeries, grocery stores, doctors, pharmacies, banks and ATMs
- Train and bus services, including website links to check or download timetables
- Taxi phone numbers
- Tourist Office location and website
- Market days and other festivals
- A brief history of the village and details of museums, churches and other attractions
Visit Autoire, Loubressac and Carennac…
I Love Walking in France digital guidebooks are provided in PDF format, allowing you easy access to all website links or, if you prefer a paper copy, print only those pages you want to carry.
Download the updated 2020 edition of the Martel to Rocamadour guidebook now and start planning!
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
“Once I realised that France had a walking trail system, I was excited to plan a walking trip in France. However, I was a bit concerned about finding up-to-date information dealing with distances, lodging and highlights of each town. Melinda Lusmore’s, “I Love Walking in France – Martel to Rocamadour” guidebook has completely covered all aspects of travel by foot; from necessary maps, clothing to bring, sleeping and eating options, as well as transportation concerns. After reading this guidebook, I feel very confident my trip will be amazing. Her enthusiasm for walking and exploring small French towns is evident throughout the pages of her guide. I look forward to reading all the guides in her series.” Jackie Barnes
Terms and Conditions – The I Love Walking in France – Martel to Rocamadour guidebook is produced in digital PDF format to give you the best possible viewing experience and to allow easy access to the links within it.
Refund Policy – If you are not completely happy with your I Love Walking in France – Martel to Rocamadour guidebook, please email me at the address below within 30 days of purchase for a full refund.
Contact – email firstname.lastname@example.org
Revisions to the Martel to Rocamadour guidebook – 2020 edition
Chambre d’Hôtes de la Bastide (Bretenoux) – link updated
Corrèze bus timetables (Train and Bus Access) – link updated